Terms & Conditions: Social Media Agreement
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT TERMS THAT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. WHEN YOU SEND THE HASHTAG #AGREE TO ME BY ME, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT.
- You may be viewing this license agreement on a small screen. If so, here are the highlights of the License Agreement below (but please read the agreement).
- You own the Content. Nothing in this license agreement changes that.
- You are giving Me By Me a non-exclusive license to use the Content on Me By Me websites, apps, e-mail, and social media, including for promotional purposes.
- You are also giving Me By Me a license to use your name and image and other biographic material in conjunction with the Content.
- You have all the rights from third parties for your Content and nothing in the Content is inappropriate or defamatory.
- You are releasing Me By Me from any liability and you promise not to sue Me By Me for its use of the Content as described.
1. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
2. You represent and warrant that you (a) own and control all rights, title and interest in and to the Content you license or that you otherwise have all rights, permissions and consents necessary to post and use such Content (including, but not limited to, the right to use names, images and likenesses of any third party referenced or appearing in the Content); (b) have all rights necessary to provide Me By Me and its affiliates, agents, representatives, licensees and assigns (collectively, Me By Me) with the license and rights set forth in Section 4 below; and (c) have complied with all applicable laws and regulations associated with acquiring and/or producing the Content. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Content” means photographs, text, graphics, moving images, sound, illustrations or any other materials (including any associated metadata or location information) (collectively, “Content”). For purposes of clarification, Content also includes any profile information you allow Me By Me to access from third party social media platforms (such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the platform.
3. You hereby grant to Me By Me a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and publicly display the Content you submit, in whole or in part, on Me By Me's social media accounts, on or in any digital platforms of Me By Me (including websites, apps and e-mail), and on third-party websites and apps for any purpose, including for promotional and publicity purposes. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, (a) this license includes, and you expressly consent to, Me By Me’s right to use and publicly display your name, image, likeness and persona; and (b) nothing in this license transfers your ownership of the Content to Me By Me. Nothing in this license requires Me By Me to use or publish your Content in any specific way or on a specific platform or use or publish your Content at all.
4. Any statements, remarks or claims contained or depicted in your Content will reflect your honest views and experiences. When referencing or depicting brands, products or services in your Content, you further agree to disclose any material connections you may have with Me By Me or other third-party brands or sellers (such as if you are an employee, paid blogger or recipient of free products/services). You also agree to provide supporting information or documentation related to these statements, remarks, claims, views and experiences at Me By Me’s request.
5. You understand that you will not be paid for Me By Me's use of your Content as described in this License Agreement. Each of us will bear our own expenses associated with this License Agreement.
6. You agree to take any actions (including execution of documents) reasonably requested by Me By Me to effect, perfect or evidence the representations and/or licenses and rights set forth in this License Agreement.
7. You agree that you will not submit Content that:
– infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of another;
– includes material that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable; or bares the image of minors.
– displays, describes or encourages the use of Me By Me or any other person or depicts the use of a product in a manner that is contrary to any instruction or warnings relating to the product;
– infringes upon or violates the publicity, privacy or data protection rights of others; or
– makes or includes false or misleading statements, claims or depictions about a person, company, product or service.
You have not inflicted emotional distress or abuse on other people, have not publicly humiliated other people, have not assaulted, stalked or threatened other people, have not entered onto private property without permission, have not impersonated any other person or misrepresented your affiliation, title, or authority, and have not otherwise engage in any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, and/or liability of any kind.
8. To the fullest extent allowed by law, you agree to release, discharge and indemnify Me By Me and its employees, contractors, sponsors or any other person acting under Me By Me’s permission or authority, from any liability, claim, damage, judgment, cost, loss, expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), by virtue of any publication or use of the Content you submit or the name, image, likeness, persona or other information you provide in connection with such Content. You further agree to waive any rights to injunctive relief you may have in connection with this License Agreement.
9. This is the entire agreement between you and Me By Me in relation to the Content you’re licensing. If a court finds any provision of this License Agreement to be unreasonable or unenforceable in any respect, you agree that this License Agreement will nonetheless be enforced to the maximum extent to which it is found by the court to be legally enforceable.
10. This License Agreement will be governed by applicable federal law and the laws of the State of California, shall be heard in Los Angeles County; and shall be governed by the laws of that jurisdiction. Nothing herein will be interpreted as a waiver of Me By Me’s rights to the Content under federal and state common law and statutes (such as rights of public domain and fair use).
If you would like to opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org